Each child requires 4 basic needs: Safety, Belongingness, Esteem and Physiological
- We will always create a safe and loving environment by valuing the input, ideas, and thoughts of our students. We will react to all situations in a positive way by focusing on the things that are good first, then, recommending the things we can help improve.
- We refer to our students as “friends” and encourage them to refer to their classmates as “friends.” We are consistent and caring and never harsh or judgmental.
- We provide opportunities for children to take turns and be successful throughout the day. We praise their efforts and model where they can improve.
- We will provide opportunities for meals & snacks and welcoming comfortable areas to spend their days.
Feature A child’s emotions are closely related to their learning for Healthy Development
- We provide opportunities for children to take initiatives.
- We offer children choices.
- We give many opportunities for children to express themselves creatively.
- We allow children the freedom to explore their environment. We permit children to get messy during play.
- We encourage children to work independently.
- We value children’s ideas.
- We promote problem solving and appropriate risk taking
Educational Logical Thinking and Reasoning helps prepare children for Gifted and Talented Program
- We address these stages of youngsters development by helping them to refine their logic and construct an accurate understanding of the world by manipulating concrete objects.
- We give our students the opportunity to work with different objects of different sizes, shapes and colors.
- We give the children opportunities to learn to sort, classify, compare and sequence.
- We promote the growth of their knowledge as they experiment, make discoveries and modify their earlier way of thinking to incorporate new insights and higher order thinking skills.